Thursday, March 13, 2008

...is what I told myself.

In the morning I usually feel that sleep HAS TO BE more important than ANYTHING that could happen in my waking hours...so therefore, I go back to sleep. NOTHING can be more important than getting another hour of sleep! is what I tell myself.

Sometimes I think I'd rather risk getting fat than actually have to run on a treadmill. That makes no sense...because being fit is of utmost importance to me and I want to be in shape more than anything. But I can actually trick myself into thinking being fat/average would be better than having to run. Nothing can be worse than running! is what I tell myself.

I generally think having a good time tonight will be worth any personal bad effects on me tomorrow. By this I don't mean anything sinful...lol...I'm not talking about having sex tonight and being pregnant tomorrow...I'm not talking about drinking tonight and being hung over tomorrow...I'm not talking about breaking the law tonight and getting caught tomorrow. I have a lot of freedom and I choose not to do that stuff...but still, w/e I choose to do that keeps me out late usually has an effect on me Sunday morning (8:00 when I open the gym...I'm a zombie lol). Tonight will be worth it. is what I tell myself.

I don't really like taking medicine. I don't go for all those pills my friends take. I've never gone searching for an Asprin or anything like that. I just don't really need it. Now, when I have a cold my dad tells me to suck on those nasty zinc losenges (sort of like medicine). Now, I'm sure they just might work. But personally, I'd rather be sick than have that disgusting taste in my mouth. is what I tell myself. (So I cough like a smoker all week)

So I had the chance to be in the honors society at school. Hmm that would probably look good for me to be a part of that. But then I read the letter. Oh, I have to write an essay. No thanks. Nothing is worth writitng an essay. is what I told myself.

No one to blame but me I suppose. hah.

1 comment:

Ben said...

Yeah I know what that's like. I get caught up in the little issues so much that I forget how the result might be worth all the effort.

In a way, I enjoy living like that--living for the moment. A part of me says, "who cares if I'm fat, sleepy, late for school, etc. as long as I lived life to the fullest?" I mean, really, what do we have to call our own in this life? Our attitude. Our character. Not much else.

So a life lived constantly improving yourself--working out, learning discipline, becoming moral--is worth what? What does it bring? Personally, I have the feeling it's worth much more to live every moment being happy than to wear yourself out for a result that is only fleeting.

Another part of me says the exact opposite. Actually, I don't think I believe anything I just wrote. But it's kinda fun to explore the other side. :-)

Ben