Saturday, March 21, 2009

Jane Austen Quotes

Business, you know, may bring you money, but friendship hardly ever does.


Friendship is certainly the finest balm for the pangs of disappointed love.


I have been a selfish being all my life, in practice, though not in principle.


Selfishness must always be forgiven you know, because there is no hope of a cure.


My sore throats are always worse than anyone's.


Nobody minds having what is too good for them.


One does not love a place the less for having suffered in it,
unless it has been all suffering, nothing but suffering.


The more I know of the world, the more I am convinced
that I shall never see a man whom I can really love.


There is something so amiable in the prejudices of a young mind,
that one is sorry to see them give way to the reception of more general opinions.


They are much to be pitied who have not been given a taste for nature early in life.

We have all a better guide in ourselves, if we would attend to it,
than any other person can be.


What is right to be done cannot be done too soon.


3 comments:

vitreous said...

Those are awesome! :D

Ben said...

In spite of Pride and Prejudice being a HORRIBLE book, these quotes were kinda cool. :)

(((joy))) said...

I must admit it was a hard book to get through, but Jane Austen has some great thoughts hidden in her books.